‘Tis the season to be cranberry! Here’s a recipe I just can’t wait to try from We Are Not Martha, combining two things I like very much: cranberries and mojitos.
- 8 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 20 mint leaves
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 oz. rum
- 4-6 oz. soda water
- Bring cranberries, sugar and water to a simmer in pot on stove. Reduce heat to medium-high for about ten minutes, constantly stirring, and before berries start to burst. Remove from heat.
- Once cooled, strain cranberries, collecting the juice in another bowl.
- Divide mint leaves between two glasses and add a tablespoon of lime juice to each. Muddle the ingredients in the bottom of the glass.
- Add 2 ounces of rum and 2 ounces of your new cranberry syrup to each glass. Fill glass half way up with ice.
- Top glass off with soda water.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries and mint. Serve.
I am very excited to announce that starting tomorrow for the next week or so I’ll be doing a special series on holiday gift-giving! A lot of my readers have asked what ideas I have for gifts they can give to all of their loved ones so I thought this would be fun since Christmas is just around the corner. I’ll be featuring gifts such as those you can get for the mother that already has everything, the sister that is a diva, the very special boyfriend, the perfect gift for the in-laws or boyfriend’s parents, and so on! So keep your eyes peeled for more to come!